Thursday, September 12, 2013

It Has Been A While Cause I've Been On Vacay!

I haven't written a post in a while because it's been busy around here and also because mom hogs the computer most of the time. The past couple of weeks we've been in Birmingham, AL trying to sell our house there and then back home to Pensacola Beach and then to St. Pete Beach. I have to be taken with mom and dad because of all the medication and holistic stuff I'm on for my heart disease and liver cancer. Mom doesn't want to leave me, not even with a sitter.

The St. Pete trip wasn't really a vacation. Dad had a job interview and while we were there, mom took me to see a local holistic vet. Lucky for me, there was no time for acupuncture, although the vet said it would help me. She did give me a general check up and said my temperature (I won't even mention how this was taken!) was normal and my heart sounded good - no murmurs. She did some realignment down my spine to help open me up. I growled a warning to her especially when she got down to my tail.

Mom bought a new backpack carrier and halter for me so she could transport me better and take me outside with her. I didn't like the harness that much, but I tolerated it so I could go outside. Also, I really loved being an "only" cat because those other two furry imbeciles I live with didn't get to go with us. They wouldn't handle traveling as well as I do anyway. Dad always plays my favorite jazz for me on the road.  It took us 7 hours to get from Pensacola down to St. Pete. That's a lot of jazz!!

My new backpack carrier

Our view at lunch

This crate has gotten ALOT of use lately!

The view from our room. Mom even brought my cat bed for me to sleep in.

We are back home now. I started eating good again right before we left for St. Pete and not throwing up, so I'm back on Palladia. The holistic vet looked over everything I was taking and approved the krill oil stuff and the venus fly trap anti-inflammatory stuff. She like the milk thistle drops, but said I wasn't taking a strong enough version. I need 80% or up. She wasn't familiar with some of things in the Celloquent, but like the Co Q 10 and blue green algae and the wheat grass that was in the nu pet granular, although she said I didn't really need the nu pet granular, just the wheat grass.

She approved the Palladia and said we should follow through with the course until we go back to Auburn to see how the tumor in my liver is responding to it. I did start doing better after going on it in July.

She said to boil the ES-clear to get the alcohol out before I take it. She is also sending us some other medicinal herbs that will help me.

Tuesday I managed to spit one of the Palladia pills out because I hid it in my mouth and mom didn't see it. She got the blue pill down me, but Dad found the yellow/orange pill the next day out on the balcony where I had spit it out. Today she made sure I swallowed both pills because I've been sleeping more the past two days and she's worried the cancer is spreading.

I go back to Auburn University in October for a full round of tests to see what the cancer is doing and how my heart is doing and get blood work. For now I have good days and bad days. I am still eating a little, but not as good as I use to.

1 comment:

  1. You are a true fighter, Phantom. And a good traveler, too!